This project is read-only.

Two Questions

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:31 PM
First let me say that I have used HSQL since the java days, and appreciate someone taking up the challenge to move the C# version forward. Having said that, I have 2 questions.

1. You mentioned important bugs, with a warning. If there are known major bugs, where are they documented?

2. Have you considered making a version for Microsoft's SilverLight? This would be a sweet addition to that great platform.
Apr 5, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Thanks for your time.

There are two major bugs right now, one related to the automatic checkpoint process and the other related to data corruption after inserting a number of rows.
I guess there might be other bugs, but these are show-stoppers. I don't know if I have some more detail on those bugs, I will try to find the old emails and threads from GotDotNet.
Regarding the use of SharpHSQL inside a Silverlight application, I don't see any problems for just memory databases. For disk based databases we need to make some changes to support isolated storage, I think.

Best regards,
Andrés.

Dewey wrote:
First let me say that I have used HSQL since the java days, and appreciate someone taking up the challenge to move the C# version forward. Having said that, I have 2 questions.

1. You mentioned important bugs, with a warning. If there are known major bugs, where are they documented?

2. Have you considered making a version for Microsoft's SilverLight? This would be a sweet addition to that great platform.

Apr 6, 2008 at 9:21 AM
Just for clarification, are you saying that the two problems described don't exist if the database is in memory, or just that once fixed, THEN memory databases would work fine in Silverlight?

andresv wrote:
Thanks for your time.

There are two major bugs right now, one related to the automatic checkpoint process and the other related to data corruption after inserting a number of rows.
I guess there might be other bugs, but these are show-stoppers. I don't know if I have some more detail on those bugs, I will try to find the old emails and threads from GotDotNet.
Regarding the use of SharpHSQL inside a Silverlight application, I don't see any problems for just memory databases. For disk based databases we need to make some changes to support isolated storage, I think.

Best regards,
Andrés.

Dewey wrote:

Apr 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM
I mean the second option: when those bugs are fixed, using just a memory DB in silverlight would require almost no changes to implement.